At MaMa Organic Herbs, we use an array of ingredients that you can trust.
This includes organic and natural versions of:
- Acerola berry: A natural source for vitamin C
- Allspice: An antioxidant and essential oil
- Aloe leaves and oil: Helps with calming and nourishing the skin
- Argan oil: An antioxidant and rich in vitamin E
- Bergamot essential oil: Offers medicinal properties and balances oily skin
- Brown sugar: Rich in minerals and nutrients
- Calendula: Rich in beta-carotene
- Chamomile: Has calming and soothing properties
- Coconut Oil: Provides moisture to skin tissue
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil: Offers refreshing effects on the skin
- Food grade flavors: Used as a healthy alternative to fragrances and perfumes
- Geranium essential oil: Helps to cleanse pores and stimulate cell growth
- Grapeseed oil: Offers moisturizing and restorative properties
- Jojoba Oil: Natural source of vitamin E and improves the complexion
- Lavender essential oil: Calms the skin and reduces redness
- Lemongrass essential oil: Helps to control oily skin
- Macadamia oil: Moisturizes and helps to balance skin
- Oats: Helps to soothe itchy skin and nourishes skin
- Orange essential oil: Natural moisturizer and antiseptic
- Orange peel: Offers hydration properties and detoxifies
- Palmarosa essential oil: Helps with flaky skin as well as rashes
- Patchouli essential oil: Helps to reduce oiliness of skin
- Peppermint essential oil: Invigorates the skin and can be uplifting
- Peppermint leaves: Stimulating with an invigorating smell
- Petigrain essential oil: Helpful for oily skin with a woody fragrance
- Pomegranate juice: Natural source of vitamin A and vitamin C
- Rosehip oil: Useful for antiaging and rejuvenating properties
- Rose petals: Able to calm and soothe all skin types
- Rosemary essential oil: Helpful for improving skin as well as hair conditions
- Sea Kelp: Rich in vitamins B1, B2, B12, and other minerals.
- Shea butter: Moisturizes the skin and rich in vitamins A, E, and F
- Soybean oil: Powerful humectant and a natural source of vitamin E
- Sunflower oil: Rich in vitamins A, D, and E and helps as an antioxidant
We also use the following ingredients that are obtained naturally from the
- Dead Sea salt: Various healing qualities and rich in minerals
- Epsom salt: Provides relief for sore muscles and offers relaxation
- French Green Clay: Rich in minerals and helps with detoxification
- Kaolin clay: Improves circulation and exfoliates
By using a variety of natural, organic ingredients, you can enjoy healthier skin without harming the environment. There is no need to use synthetic chemicals when there are natural forms of everything found in the earth. Many of the products are able to provide you with a variety of minerals and nutrients, which can leave your skin glowing and balanced.
Additionally, many of the products, especially the essential oils, have their own natural fragrance. When the oils have a strong citrus or woody smell, there is no need to add any kind of artificial fragrance. This allows you to enjoy the products even further with the confidence knowing that they are the purest form of a product that you can find.
By purchasing from MaMa, you are supporting wild-harvested agriculture. We embrace the many benefits of organic living and this ensures that we purchase from farms and agriculturalists that do not use conventional methods. All natural, in our opinion, should be the only choice available. When we contract with farmers, review harvesting locations, and search for materials, we are always taking your help into consideration. Supporting the organic movement allows us to embrace the healthy lifestyle completely.
Soil is supposed to be a natural and symbiotic relationship. When chemicals alter this relationship, everything is affected. Organic farming involves significantly more labor, but it also is more fruitful on the crops. Agriculturalists are careful with the harvest, uses compost, and ensures that nothing is sprayed or injected into the crops or the ground itself. Pesticides have the ability to destroy life forms and strip the land of building blocks.
To help you understand how serious pesticides are, we have included a few facts:
- with over 21,000 pesticides on the market in the United States, many contain over 800 active compounds – which have been proven to cause health problems.
- The CDC has stated that pesticides are toxic
- Children absorb more herbicides and pesticides than adults do
- 71 known carcinogenic pesticides are used on food crops annually
It is important to remember that when we do not buy all-natural products, we are risking our health, our community, and ultimately our survival. Plants absorb minerals and nutrients through root uptake. If the soil and the water is contaminated, the same plants are being contaminated – which means that everything that you eat and put on your skin is contaminated. Many of the products found in the ground and in the water are known carcinogens and can be considered toxic. Organic farming does not use synthetic chemicals and instead relies on natural fertilizers, composting, and various other processes that contribute to a healthier uptake for plans – which means that it is better for you and for the planet.
Everywhere on earth, there is a watershed. When you discard, flush, dispose, or spray anything, it will ultimately end up in your watershed. Using nonorganic products helps to promote the use of herbicides and pesticides – which will ultimately run off or accumulate biologically in the watershed. Wild-harvested methods do not rely on these products and are therefore highly encouraged by governments.
If you ever have questions about the ingredients found in the products at MaMa Organic Herbs, we welcome them. All of our products are listed with the product description, including all of the ingredients. We are happy to help you understand what is contained in the products that you purchase and educate you on the benefits.